Skip to main content

Sexual Intercourse: Drugs

Question for Department of Health and Social Care

UIN 186272, tabled on 22 May 2023

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps his Department is taking to help reduce risks to the (a) physical and (b) mental health of participants in chemsex.

Answered on

25 May 2023

Local authorities are responsible for commissioning substance misuse and sexual health services to meet local need. The Government has previously issued guidance for commissioners and providers of drug and alcohol services on meeting the physical and mental health needs of people who engage in Chemsex, this is available at the following link:

The Office for Health Improvement and Disparities continues to support local areas to implement this guidance and to share good practice. Additionally, information on the risks of taking drugs associated with chemsex is available on the Government’s drug information service FRANK which signposts sources of support and advice.

Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.