Skip to main content

Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva

Question for Department of Health and Social Care

UIN 184859, tabled on 12 May 2023

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what support his Department provides for (a) people diagnosed with fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva and (b) their families.

Answered on

18 May 2023

There is no specific prescribed service for treatment of fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva (FOP). However, children with FOP are cared for by National Health Service paediatric rheumatologists and/or geneticists with input from other clinicians as required. For patients with rare diseases such as FOP, expert centres provide clinical guidance, support and advice to patients, their families and carers.