Skip to main content

Armed Forces: Housing

Question for Ministry of Defence

UIN 53280, tabled on 21 September 2022

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, pursuant to the Answer of 13 September 2022 to Question 49069 on Armed Forces: Housing, where information on complaints received regarding Single Living Accommodation is stored.

Answered on

23 September 2022

Service Family Accommodation (SFA) complaints are reported centrally under one area of the Department because SFA is managed under one maintenance contract.

Responsibility for Single Living Accommodation (SLA) is split between individual Top Level Budget Holders; Royal Navy, Army, Royal Air Force, UK Strategic Command and the Defence Infrastructure Organisation.

Complaints which relate to SLA will be reported and resolved through a number of routes, depending on their nature. They are not reported centrally but directly to individual units on each defence site, the managing Top Level Budget Holder, or to the relevant regional maintenance contractor. As a result, this locally held data could only be collated manually, which would incur disproportionate cost.