Skip to main content

Council Tax: Energy Bills Rebate

Question for Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities

UIN 18088, tabled on 14 June 2022

To ask the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, whether his Department is making provisions for the council tax rebate to be given to people living in business-provided living accommodation.

Answered on

22 June 2022

The rebate is available to occupants of property in council tax bands A – D who are liable for council tax. This includes those in business-provided living accommodation. If the council tax bill is usually paid by the employer on the occupant’s behalf, the council will contact the occupant to arrange a payment method. Anyone not eligible for the rebate but in financial hardship can apply to their local council’s discretionary fund for support.