Skip to main content

Medicine: Students

Question for Department of Health and Social Care

UIN 5381, tabled on 19 May 2022

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, if he will take steps to ensure that medical students are financially supported throughout their studies.

Answered on

24 May 2022

In years one to four of an undergraduate course, domestic students can access student loans from Student Finance England. From year five of an undergraduate course and year two of a graduate-entry course, NHS Bursary support can be accessed from the NHS Business Services Authority. This comprises payment for tuition fees, a non-means-tested grant and a further means-tested award. These funding arrangements are reviewed annually.

Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.