Skip to main content

Overseas Students: Ukraine

Question for Home Office

UIN 136629, tabled on 8 March 2022

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, if she will issue visas for international students who had been living in Ukraine but have had to leave as a result of the Russian invasion of that country.

This answer is the replacement for a previous holding answer.

Answered on

21 March 2022

International students studying in or recently displaced from their studies in Ukraine should make contact with the nearest available embassy for their home country in the first instance. Many countries are putting in place measures to evacuate and support their nationals from countries neighbouring Ukraine.

The Government will continue to welcome international students to UK universities, where we are proud of our tradition in defending values such as freedom of speech and freedom of publication.

The Student visa route remains open to applications for those who wish to study in the UK, and who have been offered a place on a course by a licensed student sponsor and are able to meet the requirements of the route.

Answered by

Home Office