Skip to main content

War Pensions

Question for Ministry of Defence

UIN 125265, tabled on 18 February 2022

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, pursuant to the Answer of 10 February to Question 117806, what steps the Department is taking to ensure that all those who may be eligible to make a claim are aware.

Answered on

28 February 2022

All Service leavers are made aware of the Service Leavers Guide (SLG) available on as part of the discharge and resettlement process. The SLG details how to make a claim under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and War Pensions Scheme at the following link:

Information regarding both schemes and how to contact the veterans' welfare service is also available on at the following link:

MOD Veterans UK encourages anyone who wishes to discuss making a claim for a service-related condition under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or War Pensions Scheme to contact the Veterans UK Helpline on 0808 1914 218.