To ask Her Majesty's Government what progress they have been made with implementing Operation Warm Welcome.
25 January 2022
We have offered sanctuary, food, medical care, education and support to at least 13,000 people in bridging hotels during and since Operation Pitting.
Since the Minister for Afghan Resettlement announced Operation Warm Welcome, in September 2021:
- More than 4,000 people have moved or are being moved into their new homes since the first ARAP flights in June – this is an unprecedented pace of re-settlement.
- All children who were evacuated under Op Pitting are now in school and those children who have joined us since then are either in school or being placed in schools as quickly as possible.
- 97% of evacuees are registered with GPs and everyone has been offered Covid vaccinations.
- We have launched a brand new housing portal on gov.uk for members of the public to offer accommodation
- We have made it easier for local community groups to support Afghans through the Community Sponsorship Scheme, which will begin welcoming Afghan families later this month.
- We have developed an integration package for Afghan families
We have launched the Afghan Citizen Resettlement Scheme which will welcome up to 20,000 Afghans at risk over the coming years, a brand new safe and legal migration route.