Skip to main content

Building Safety Fund

Question for Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities

UIN 94273, tabled on 16 December 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, whether the Building Safety Fund will cover the cost of spandrel replacements; and if he will make a statement.

Answered on

11 January 2022

Government funding covers all works directly related to the removal and replacement of unsafe cladding systems on residential buildings of 18 metres and above in height. Detailed information on works eligible for funding can be found in the Building Safety Fund prospectus, available at: . Eligible works can cover other structural and fire safety works but only where it integral to the remediation of the unsafe cladding system.