Skip to main content

Refugees: Afghanistan

Question for Home Office

UIN 75167, tabled on 15 November 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what steps her Department is taking to support Afghan refugees who do not have a permanent address to open a bank account.

Answered on

23 November 2021

For those in bridging accommodation, the hotel address will be sufficient to allow them to do this, and if they encounter any issues these should be raised with the Hotel Liaison Officers.

These officers will provide support, advise and escalate any issues should they occur.

Answered by

Home Office