Skip to main content

Afghanistan: Repatriation

Question for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office

UIN 68241, tabled on 2 November 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, what (a) advice and (b) consular assistance her Department is providing to British nationals (i) in Afghanistan and (ii) who have reached a third country from Afghanistan who wish to return to the UK; and how such advice and guidance is being made accessible to those people.

Answered on

8 November 2021

British nationals still in Afghanistan are strongly encouraged to register their presence with the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office using a publically available form on our foreign travel advice page for Afghanistan. If they register, they will receive important updates on available consular services, as well as the advice that is publically available on the travel advice page. We advise British nationals who have reached a third country from Afghanistan to make contact with the nearest British Embassy, Consulate or High Commission where full consular services remain available.

Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.