Skip to main content

Veterans: Compensation

Question for Ministry of Defence

UIN 67041, tabled on 1 November 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, which compensation schemes are open for nuclear test veterans of tests that took place prior to 2005.

Answered on

4 November 2021

Nuclear Test Veterans who believe they have suffered ill health due to service may apply for no-fault compensation under the War Pensions Scheme. War Pensions are payable in respect of illness or injury as a result of service in the Armed Forces before 6 April 2005.

Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.