Skip to main content

Students: Finance

Question for Department for Education

UIN 63869, tabled on 26 October 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what steps his Department it taking to help ensure that family members of migrant workers are aware that they qualify for full student finance support.

Answered on

3 November 2021

From the 2021/22 academic year, migrant workers from the European Economic Area and their family members who are covered by the Withdrawal Agreements, and meet the ordinary residence requirement, can access tuition fee loans, loans for living costs and targeted grants. This arrangement is set out in the department’s guidance which was published in August: The information is also contained in the following Student Finance England publication: