Skip to main content


Question for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office

UIN 63702, tabled on 26 October 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, how civil society groups can make referrals to the UK sanctions scheme.

Answered on

29 October 2021

If any person or organisation, including civil society groups, wishes to submit information to the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office concerning possible designations under a sanctions regime they may do so to The Government has published two Information Notes aimed at helping support Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and civil society engage with Government on Global Human Rights and Global Anti-Corruption sanctions.

Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.