Skip to main content

Coronavirus: Vaccination

Question for Department of Health and Social Care

UIN 58413, tabled on 18 October 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, how people with a (a) medical and (b) other exemption from the covid-19 vaccine will be able to prove their status through the NHS apps.

Answered on

27 October 2021

Individuals registered with a general practitioner in England can apply for official proof that, for medical reasons, they are unable to be vaccinated or vaccinated and tested for COVID-19. Individuals with this proof can access the domestic NHS COVID Pass. Residents in England who have taken part, or are taking part, in an official COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial can access a domestic NHS COVID Pass. Clinical trial participants who have been unblinded can get a NHS COVID Pass for travel once their vaccine details have been uploaded to the National Health Service vaccine database. Clinical trial participants do not need to apply for a medical exemption. Children under 18 years old are also exempt from certification requirements in England.