Skip to main content

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

Question for Cabinet Office

UIN 53349, tabled on 22 September 2021

To ask the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office, pursuant to the Answer of 15 September 2021 to Question 49964 on Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, what assistance the Government can provide to secure a response from the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to (a) letters from hon. Members and (b) referrals from constituents.

Answered on

18 October 2021

I would advise the hon. Member to contact the Ombudsman directly at for any general correspondence or queries about particular cases.

The Government will, of course, pass on correspondence and complaints to the Ombudsman but cannot intervene directly in the Ombudsman’s day-to-day business. Members can also raise issues with the Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee who scrutinise the Ombudsman if they have concerns about how the Ombudsman engages with members.

Answered by

Cabinet Office