Skip to main content

Property: Taxation

Question for Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government

UIN 49993, tabled on 15 September 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, whether he has had discussions with the Chancellor of the Exchequer on the potential merits of replacing Council Tax with a proportional property tax.

This answer is the replacement for a previous holding answer.

Answered on

22 September 2021

The Government does not have any plans to replace council tax with a proportional property tax, but keeps all taxes under review.

Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.