To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, whether his Department has placed advance purchase orders for (a) next-generation universal coronavirus or (b) nasal-spray covid-19 vaccines.
22 September 2021
The UK government has secured early access to 332 million vaccines doses through supply agreements with five separate vaccine developers. This includes agreements with:
- Pfizer/BioNTech for 135 million doses
- University of Oxford/AstraZeneca for 100 million doses
- Moderna for 17 million doses
- Novavax for 60 million doses
- Janssen for 20 million doses.
We have not purchased any next-generation universal coronavirus or nasal-spray covid-19 vaccines; however, the Vaccine Taskforce keeps our portfolio and emerging vaccines under review.