Skip to main content

Gender Recognition: Surgery

Question for Department of Health and Social Care

UIN 35929, tabled on 19 July 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, if he will commit to providing funding for trans masculine people to have genital surgery abroad until the NHS provides a UK provider.

Answered on

26 July 2021

There are no current plans for patients to be sent abroad for phalloplasty services. The contract for phalloplasty services is currently out for tender with a view for rapid award in the near future.