Skip to main content

Immigration: EEA Nationals

Question for Home Office

UIN HL2061, tabled on 15 July 2021

To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Answers by Baroness Williams of Trafford on 14 July (HL1628 and HL1629), how someone would check whether they had (1) "UK immigration status", and (2) indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK.

Answered on

29 July 2021

A person who is issued with a UK Immigration status or Indefinite leave to Enter or Remain are provided with a visa in their passport, a biometric residence permit or an electronic visa confirming their status. Our decision notices also provide customers with details on their terms of leave.

A person who has applied to the EU Settlement Scheme or via the fully digital processes for the British Nationals (Overseas) and Points Based System routes, will have created a UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) account. They can use their UKVI account credentials to log into the online View and Prove service.

If an individual has been notified they have a digital certificate of application, they are able to use the View and Prove service to prove their rights:

The Home Office also publishes information to assist EU national customers understand their immigration status. Further information can be found on our website:

For longer-term settled residents who wish to replace their visa for a biometric residence permit, they can submit an application for a biometric residence permit. Further information can be found on the website:

Answered by

Home Office