Skip to main content

Government Departments: Complaints

Question for Cabinet Office

UIN 33962, tabled on 15 July 2021

To ask the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office, if he will make it his policy that each Government department must provide either (a) an online form or (b) an email address which members of the public can use to make a complaint about any service delivered by that department.

Answered on

20 July 2021

The Government Service Standard states that GOV.UK services must allow users to tell the Government what they think about a service, once they have used it. Services should also provide users with the opportunity to provide feedback whilst they are using the service.

GOV.UK provides a range of information and guidance to support users to contact individual government departments.

Answered by

Cabinet Office
Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.