Skip to main content

Biometric Residence Permits: Turkey

Question for Home Office

UIN 32340, tabled on 13 July 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what estimate she has made of the average length of time taken to issue biometric residence permit cards to Turkish citizens living in the UK.

Answered on

21 July 2021

Data is not available broken down by nationality in relation to Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) production and delivery times.

Data is published relating to performance against decision making service standards for each application route and can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/visas-and-citizenship-data-q1-2021

UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) advise applicants they can expect delivery of their Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) within 10 working days of receiving their decision notification.

BRPs are produced on behalf of UKVI by the Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency (DVLA). DVLA have a service level agreement to complete 90% of production requests within one working day and the remaining 10% within two working days. For quarter one of financial year 2021/22 they achieved 85.1% (218,527) within 24 hours and 100% (256,730) within 48 hours. 2.1% (19,250) took longer than 48 hours.

FedEx took over the BRP delivery contract from DX in February 2020, after a bedding in period formal reporting started in July 2020. Between 1 July 2020 and 31 March 2021 FedEx attempted to deliver 99.2% of BRPs within 48 hours of collection from DVLA, against a target to attempt delivery within 48 hours of collection for 99% of BRP packages.

Answered by

Home Office