Skip to main content

Children: Maintenance

Question for Department for Work and Pensions

UIN 13237, tabled on 9 June 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, if her Department will take steps to investigate the matter of unclaimed child maintenance payments made by fathers when the child and mother have moved abroad.

Answered on

15 June 2021

The Child Maintenance Service is only able to make a maintenance calculation when the paying parent, receiving parent and qualifying children are all habitually resident in the UK.