Skip to main content

High Rise Flats: Insulation

Question for Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government

UIN 7079, tabled on 25 May 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, whether the Government plans for its proposed financial assistance for people affected by unsafe cladding in properties that are 18 metres and over to be provided to all leaseholders, including those who are (a) owner occupiers and (b) owners of buy-to-let properties; and if he will make a statement.

Answered on

2 June 2021

The Government will support leaseholders by funding the cost of replacing unsafe cladding in residential buildings 18 metres and over in England. Leaseholders who are buy-to-let landlords are able to benefit from funding for eligible remediation works, subject to the relevant subsidy control requirements.