To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they are taking to ensure that greater numbers of clinical staff are able to undertake research within the NHS.
26 April 2021
On 23 March 2021 the Government published Saving and improving lives - the future of UK clinical research delivery. This includes the aim to create a research positive culture in which all health and care staff feel empowered and supported to participate in clinical research as part of their job. To support this vision, we have identified five key themes which underpin the improvements as follows:
- Clinical research embedded in the National Health Service;
- Patient-centred research;
- Streamlined, efficient and innovative research;
- Research enabled by data and digital tools; and
- A sustainable and supported research workforce.
An implementation plan and strategy setting out how the Government will begin to deliver the vision will be published later this year. A copy of Saving and improving lives - the future of UK clinical research delivery is attached.