Skip to main content

Sheltered Housing: Older People

Question for Department of Health and Social Care

UIN 179650, tabled on 12 April 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps his Department plans to take to improve housing-based social care provision for older people.

Answered on

20 April 2021

Housing-with-care has a vital role in enabling older people to live independently, with the necessary care and support available if required. Both the Department of Health and Social Care and the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government provide capital funding to incentivise their supply. Both Departments are working closely together to improve the diversity of housing options available to older people, including housing-with-care and are engaging with the sector and a range of other stakeholders on this issue.

Answered by

Department of Health and Social Care