Skip to main content

Hospitality Industry: Permitted Development Rights

Question for Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government

UIN 169049, tabled on 15 March 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, pursuant to the Answer of 2 November 2020 to Question 104771, whether local authorities can exercise their discretion in order to permit those (a) pubs and (b) hospitality businesses that are in listed buildings to erect temporary outside structures within their curtilage.

Answered on

18 March 2021

We are considering what further planning measures may be needed to support such businesses as the COVID-19 restrictions are eased.

Answered by

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.