Skip to main content

Crimes of Violence: Gender Recognition

Question for Home Office

UIN 155017, tabled on 19 February 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, whether guidance has been issued to police forces on recording data when a transwoman is arrested for a violent or sexual offence.

Answered on

1 March 2021

The Home Office does not issue guidance on the recording of sex or gender to police forces.

It is down to individual police forces and the National Police Chiefs’ Council and the College for policing to make decisions on how this information is captured.

Answered by

Home Office