Skip to main content

Epilepsy: Research

Question for Department of Health and Social Care

UIN 137916, tabled on 14 January 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, how much public money has been granted to research into epilepsy in each of the last five years.

This answer is the replacement for a previous holding answer.

Answered on

21 January 2021

The Department funds research on health and social care through the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR). The figures for the NIHR’s epilepsy funding in each of the last five financial years is shown in the following table:











Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.