To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what discussions his Department has had with representatives of clinical commissioning groups on the potential merits of capturing ethnicity data as part of the national rollout of the covid-19 vaccination programme.
1 March 2021
No specific discussions with clinical commissioning groups have taken place. However, Ministers and officials meet frequently to discuss all aspects of the COVID-19 vaccination programme, including data and reporting.
COVID-19 vaccination data is being shared at both a Middle Layer Super Output Area (MSOA) level and a lower tier local authority level. Additionally, NHS England and NHS Improvement’s weekly publication on COVID-19 can be found on the NHS England website. This publication currently includes data on:
- All National Health Service COVID-19 vaccinations administered in the reporting period;
- Vaccinations by age band, defined as 80 years old and over, 75 to 79, 70 to 74 and under 70 years old;
- Vaccinations by dose;
- Vaccinations by NHS region;
- Vaccinations by integrated care systems and sustainability and transformation partnerships;
- Vaccinations by clinical commissioning groups;
- Vaccinations by ethnicity; and
- Vaccinations of residents and staff in older adult care homes.