Skip to main content

State Retirement Pensions: Females

Question for Department for Work and Pensions

UIN 134131, tabled on 6 January 2021

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what recent steps her Department has taken to (a) investigate and (b) rectify errors made in the payment of the state pension to retired women.

Answered on

13 January 2021

We are aware of a number of cases where individuals have been underpaid Category BL basic State Pension. We are checking for further cases, and if any are found awards will also be reviewed and any arrears paid in accordance with the law.

As soon as any underpayments are identified the individuals affected are reimbursed and their records corrected. Any individual who believes they are being underpaid State Pension should contact the Department on the Freephone number 0800 731 0469. Further details on how to do this through the Pension Service are available on the website.