Skip to main content

Immigration: Au Pairs

Question for Home Office

UIN 117346, tabled on 18 November 2020

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what immigration route will apply to au pairs seeking to enter the UK from the EU after January 2021.

Answered on

26 November 2020

As has been the case since 2008, the UK’s immigration system will not offer a dedicated route for au pairs. However, au pairs are able to use the Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS).

The UK currently operates eight YMS arrangements which are principally designed for cultural exchange. We have indicated our desire to negotiate a Youth Mobility arrangement with the EU, or with individual countries within it, if a collective agreement is not possible.

Answered by

Home Office