Skip to main content

Buildings: Insulation

Question for Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government

UIN 102044, tabled on 12 October 2020

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, if he will introduce a model similar to Flood Re for fire risk assessments.

Answered on

20 October 2020

The Government is aware that many fire safety professionals are struggling to obtain appropriate professional indemnity insurance (PII). PII cover is essential for these professionals to undertake fire risk assessments on multi-storey residential buildings. The Building Safety Minister is holding regular roundtables with insurance industry representatives to address this issue and a number of options are being considered.