Skip to main content

Coronavirus: Universities

Question for Department of Health and Social Care

UIN HL8824, tabled on 6 October 2020

To ask Her Majesty's Government whether the location of residential university students who test positive for COVID-19 is recorded in national statistics according to (1) their GP's address or (2) their university address.

Answered on

2 November 2020

All positive cases are reported according to the permanent address which they used to register with their general practitioner (GP). Universities encourage students to register with a local GP on arrival, so for many students any positive test will be assigned to their term-time location.