To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, pursuant to the Answer of 11 September 2020 to Question 84242 on Coronavirus: Vaccination, if he will list those six supply agreements.
21 September 2020
The UK Government has secured early access to 340 million vaccines doses through agreements with six separate vaccine developers. This includes agreements with:
- BioNTech/Pfizer for 30 million doses.
- Oxford/AstraZeneca who will work to supply 100 million doses of the vaccine being developed by Oxford University.
- GlaxoSmithKline and Sanofi Pasteur to buy 60 million doses.
- Novavax for 60 million doses alongside funding of their Phase 3 clinical trial.
- Janssen for 30 million doses of their not-for-profit vaccine.
- Valneva for 60 million doses, with an option to acquire a further 130 million if the vaccine is proven to be safe, effective and suitable.