Skip to main content

Wines: Imports

Question for Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

UIN 85111, tabled on 4 September 2020

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, pursuant to the Answers of 26 June 2020 to Question 60861 and of 9 June 2020 to Question 54850 on Wine: Imports, which Government Department or agency will be responsible for keeping the list of (a) competent authorities, (b) authorised laboratories, and (c) the registration numbers of wine producers, and processors and single points of contact in each EU member state; and what steps that Department or agency has taken to collect the necessary information from its counterparts in EU member states.

Answered on

14 September 2020

The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs will be responsible for compiling and maintaining the information required for imports of wine into Great Britain. Under retained EU law, information verifying certification of wine imports is based on notifications received from the competent authorities of third countries. To date, no such information has been received from the EU or its Member States.