Skip to main content

High Rise Flats: Insulation

Question for Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government

UIN 84343, tabled on 2 September 2020

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, on what (a) types and (b) heights of buildings an External Wall System review should be carried out.

Answered on

11 September 2020

The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) have published guidance on the use of the EWS1 form:

The guidance states that the EWS1 form is to be used to assess buildings 18 metres or more with combustible material; that it can used on buildings below 18 metres where there are specific concerns; and that in such cases a rationale to justify its request is required.