Skip to main content

Riot Control Weapons: USA

Question for Department for International Trade

UIN 78558, tabled on 22 July 2020

To ask the Secretary of State for International Trade, whether her Department has licensed exports of riot control equipment where the end user was the United States Customs and Border Protection Agency, a division of the United States Department of Homeland Security, in the last five years.

Answered on

1 September 2020

Export licences have been granted for riot control equipment for potential end users that include law enforcement agencies, via end users such as stockists/distributors.

However, none of the licences identified specifically reference the US Marshals Special Operations Group, nor the United States Customs and Border Protection Agency.

There are also Open General Export Licences available for exporters to register and use, which have scope for riot control equipment to be exported to the US and these are available to view on GOV.UK. These have no requirement to specify end user customers.