Skip to main content

Utilities: Compensation

Question for Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy

UIN HL6371, tabled on 1 July 2020

To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the level of compensation available to the providers of electricity, gas and water when the supply of such services has been affected as a result of damage caused by third parties, such as interruptions caused by road works or agricultural machinery.

Answered on

15 July 2020

A specific assessment of this sort has not been carried out by Government, as far as can be established. Compensation in this type of circumstance is likely to be a civil matter between the relevant parties.