Skip to main content

Riot Control Weapons: USA

Question for Department for International Trade

UIN 64865, tabled on 25 June 2020

To ask the Secretary of State for International Trade, what measures firms are required to comply with to export tear gas to law enforcement agencies or military forces in the United States.

Answered on

30 June 2020

Such firms need to hold a Section 5 firearms certificate; apply for, and be granted, an export licence; and submit any necessary export declaration to HM Revenue & Customs, in accordance with the conditions of the licence and customs legislation.