Skip to main content

Riot Control Weapons: Exports

Question for Department for International Trade

UIN 56031, tabled on 8 June 2020

To ask the Secretary of State for International Trade, which companies are licensed to export (a) rubber bullets and (b) tear gas; and to which countries those items are exported.

Answered on

16 June 2020

I refer the honourable member to the answer I provided on 8th June.

All countries are under continual review, in line with the Consolidated EU and National Arms Export Licensing Criteria (‘Consolidated Criteria’), and my Department is able to review licences – and suspend or revoke as necessary – when circumstances require.

Providing the names of companies licensed to export crowd controlled ammunition and tear gas would disclose commercially sensitive information.

Answered by

Department for International Trade
Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.