To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, whether his Department plans to include data collection on psychological and emotional wellbeing in future National Cancer Patient Experience Surveys.
29 June 2020
The National Cancer Patient Experience Survey includes the questions below which relate to psychological and emotional wellbeing:
- During your hospital visit, did you find someone on the hospital staff to talk to about your worries and fears?
- While you were being treated as an outpatient or day case, did you find someone on the hospital staff to talk to about your worries and fears?
- Did hospital staff give you information about support or self-help groups for people with cancer?
- Did hospital staff give you information about how to get financial help or any benefits you might be entitled to?
- Did hospital staff tell you that you could get free prescriptions?
The survey benefits from the expertise of an advisory group which includes a wide range of stakeholders such as patients, clinicians, commissioners and charities. The survey content is reviewed each time it is carried out and any changes discussed with the advisory group.