To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer, what fiscal steps he is taking to support dentists that were required to close during the covid-19 pandemic.
5 June 2020
The Government recognises the important role all medical businesses play to protect and improve the health of the population and is taking many steps to support them during the COVID-19 outbreak. Dentists will be fully remunerated for the NHS work they would have otherwise undertaken, subject to some basic requirements.
Medical practices may also benefit from the range of economic support measures the Government has announced, including:
- A Discretionary Grant Fund for Local Authorities in England
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
- The Bounce Back Loan Scheme (BBL) for small and micro enterprises
- VAT deferral for up to 12 months
- The Time To Pay scheme, through which businesses in financial distress, and with outstanding tax liabilities, can receive support with their tax affairs
- Protection for commercial leaseholders against automatic forfeiture for non-payment until June 30, 2020
The Business Support website provides further information about how businesses can access the support that has been made available, who is eligible, and how to apply - https://www.gov.uk/business-coronavirus-support-finder.