To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer, what plans his Department has to inform businesses of the rules on employing contractors after 6 April 2020.
6 March 2020
The Government is committed to working with organisations to ensure changes to the off-payroll working rules are implemented correctly. HMRC are undertaking an extensive programme of education and support to help organisations prepare for the reform. This includes:
- Offering one-to-one support to more than 2,000 of the UK’s biggest employers, and writing directly to 43,000 medium sized businesses and other organisations.
- Providing large and medium sized businesses, public bodies, and charities with factsheets to share with their contractors, and publishing this factsheet on gov.uk.
- Holding workshops with small tax agents, recruitment agencies, charities, and public bodies.
- Holding webinars at least weekly, with small tax agents, recruitment agencies, charities, public bodies and contractors.
- Publishing an enhanced version of the Check Employment Status for Tax online tool in November 2019, to help individuals and organisations make the right status determinations and apply the off-payroll rules correctly.