Skip to main content

Visas: Entertainers

Question for Home Office

UIN 19767, tabled on 24 February 2020

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, pursuant to her oral contribution of 24 February 2020 Official Report column 35, whether it is her policy that touring (a) musicians and (b) performers from EU countries will require Tier 5 visas from January 2021.

Answered on

27 February 2020

Currently, visiting artists, entertainers and musicians can perform at events, take part in competitions and auditions, make personal appearances and take part in promotional activities for up to 6 months without the need for formal sponsorship or a work visa. They can also receive payment for appearance at permit free festivals for up to 6 months, or for up to one month for a specific engagement, under the Visitor route.

Artists wishing to come to the UK for longer-term work will need to do so under the points-based system. There will continue to be special arrangements for creative workers, which in future will encompass both EEA and non-EEA citizens.

Answered by

Home Office
Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.