Skip to main content

Disabled Facilities Grants

Question for Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government

UIN HL891, tabled on 29 January 2020

To ask Her Majesty's Government what progress they have made to ensure that Disabled Facilities Grant is more easily accessible to older tenants in the private rented sector and their landlords.

Answered on

12 February 2020

Anyone can apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant, including people living in private rented accommodation, subject to a means test and an assessment of need. Tenure should not impact a person’s ability to access the home adaptations they need. The Government also funds Foundations, the national body for home improvement agencies. Foundations works closely with local authorities to promote best practice in the delivery of home adaptations, including providing information and advice to older people living in private rented accommodation and their landlords.