To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, how many hospitals were lifted out of special measures in each of the last two years.
4 November 2019
Since 2018 the following Trusts have been removed from Special Measures for Quality reasons:
- West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust (January 2018);
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust (March 2018);
- London Ambulance Service NHS Trust (May 2018);
- East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (June 2018);
- Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust (January 2019);
- Barts Health NHS Trust (February 2019);
- Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (May 2019);
- Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust (July 2019); and
- South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (August 2019).
Since 2018 the following Trusts have been removed from Special Measures for Financial reasons:
- Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust (July 2018);
- Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (October 2018);
- Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (November 2018); and
- East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (July 2019).