Skip to main content

Musicians: British Nationals Abroad

Question for Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport

UIN 291425, tabled on 26 September 2019

To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what steps she has taken to ensure that British musicians will be able to apply for work permits that will be valid from 1 November 2019 in the event that an agreement is not reached before the UK leaves the EU.

Answered on

2 October 2019

When the UK leaves the EU on 31 October 2019, free movement as it currently stands will end. Musicians will need to check if they need a visa or work permit and meet any requirements for their profession to work in the EU country they’re visiting.

Officials are meeting with the music industry to ensure that professionals in the sector are aware of Government guidance on EU Exit, and have time to prepare for changes at the border in the event the UK leaves without a Deal.