To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what proportion of claimants have had their mobility payments (a) reduced and (b) stopped when transferring from disability living allowance to personal independence payment.
23 May 2019
The table below shows the number and proportion of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) claimants who were in receipt of the DLA mobility component and whom on reassessment to Personal Independence Payment (PIP) received (a) a reduced mobility element or (b) a zero mobility element at the first DWP decision. Figures are prior to any mandatory reconsideration, appeal or award review.
Mobility award under PIP compared to mobility award under DLA for those who were in receipt of the mobility component on DLA
Highland Local Authority
Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
(a) Reduced Mobility
(b) Mobility stopped
(c) Mobility the same
(d) Increased mobility
Total number who were in receipt of DLA mobility
- Data excludes claimants who did not previously receive a mobility component on DLA.
- PIP mobility award shows the mobility award at the first DWP decision on each reassessment claim (i.e. they reflect outcomes prior to any reconsideration, appeal action and award review), where that decision was made between 8th April 2013 and 31st October 2018.
- “Mobility stopped” includes claims disallowed prior to assessment, claims disallowed post-assessment and claims withdrawn by the claimant as well as claimants who were awarded PIP Daily Living but received no PIP Mobility award component.
- Figures exclude rising 16s and claimants who did not respond to the invitation. Rising 16s are claimants who reach 16 years of age and so cease to be eligible for DLA but may be eligible for PIP.
- Figures include reassessment outcomes for individuals who were aged between 16 and 64 on 8th April 2013, and include both PIP Normal Rules and Special Rules for the Terminally Ill claims.
- Totals have been rounded to the nearest 10 and may not sum due to rounding.
- Percentages are calculated using actual figures rather than rounded figures and have been rounded to the nearest 1%.
- This is unpublished data. It should be used with caution and it may be subject to future revision.