Skip to main content

Question for Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

UIN 224812, tabled on 22 February 2019

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps he is taking to promote open access to waterways for canoeists.

Answered on

28 February 2019

Access to waterways, including for recreational purposes, remains subject to licence by the relevant navigation authority or to agreement with the riparian landowner where there is no navigation authority in place.